Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Tour aka Christmas Blog Hopping!




Ahhh, my favorite time of year! I just LOVE Christmas and all that comes with it, including the stress! Okay, I could do with a bit less stress, but other than that, I love decorating my home in anticipation of the big day! I'm linking up to Julia of Hooked On Houses "Holiday House Tours" and The Nester "Christmas Tour of Homes" on December 14th ; and Melissa's The Inspired Room's "Holiday Linky Friday". I'll probably be joining more, but for now, I'm happy to be joined up with these great ladies!

So, without further adieu, here is my simple home, simply decorated for Christmas. I hope you are inspired in some way. Thanks for stopping by!

This Santa is the oldest and beloved of all ornaments on my tree. Why? Because he was made by my simple hands when I was a girl of 11. He has moved many times with me over the years and is still unscathed! It's a miracle! He is made from a hollowed out egg, a cotton ball for the beard and trim and a chin piece from my baby brother's hat at the time. I look at this and remember the day that I created him so many years ago....

The tree isn't quite complete. I need to add my beaded garland and more ornaments. I wish I had added more lights as well, but it's too late now.

A recently acquired ornament that was handmade by Sharon Kyser. I just LOVE it!

The next two paper ornaments were also created by Sharon for a swap in which we were partners:


Below is a Santa standing by an antique coffee cart on which sits my vintage nativity set:

Ornaments in a cut glass bowl:

An antique side table covered with my collection of Snowmen. Below the table are my soft dolls--santas and snowmen--each of them holds their own story as well.

My Santa collection:

A snowflake garland in my dining area:

My Nativity Set is 25 years old. My mother bought it for me and my husband for our first Christmas.


This angel watches over me in the scrapbook room:



My husbnad loves to fish and this is his contribution to the tree every year!

This ceramic tree and angels were made by my sister years ago. They sit proudly on my hutch in the dining area:





This gingerbread house sits on the dining room table proudly made by my daughter.


The Gingerbread House my daughter made. The gingerbread people or non-edible and purchased at the dollar store.



Here's the kitchen. I'm still decorating this room. I plan on making a gingerbread garland to go between the kitchen and the DR/LR area. These gingerbread men hang between my two kitchen windows above the sink:

These g-men hang from my kitchen curtains above the sink:


And here is a ceramic pie plate, bowl and 'steam' bear (you put him in the center of the pie to release steam is what I've been told). I don't use it for actual baking. Any ideas on how I could 'spruce' it up? I also hang my Xmas mugs along the wall:


That's it for now. I'll be posting more soon. Thanks for stopping by,

Lori

2 comments:

Kat_RN said...

What fun. Your little egg ornament looks like something my Mom would have designed.
Kat

Mary said...

Clicked on your link and loved seeing your warm sweet home. The little ceramic tree your sister made is the most beautiful ceramic tree I have ever seen. So pretty with the lacy look and the color! Thanks for sharing!